This is a completely meaningless error. It appears after the computer to computer library transfer process completes. The requested process interrupts with the following error message-
An unknown error occurred error (-42110).
There are critical system settings that you might have to update. It is equally important to deal with the Registry data.
1. Remove SC Info Folder
2. Change Date-Time Settings
3. Check Account Authorization4. Repair Registry
Remove SC Info Folder
The SC Info folder is located in the Program Data folder. It is a component of the iTunes software installation. It has important information stored regarding the iTunes software. Corrupt information causes error 42110 iTunes.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Point to All Programs | Accessories | Run.
3. Type following path:
4. Delete the “SC INFO” folder.
Change Date-Time Settings
You might need to change the date and time settings. The date-time is expected to update on an automatic basis. If it doesn’t update, you receive error 42110 iTunes.
1. Click Apple | System Preferences | Date and Time.
2. Check-up following box:
Set date and time automatically
3. Click Time Zone and then select correct time zone.
4. Click OK.
Check Account Authorization
Problem with account authorization causes error 42110 iTunes. Authorize your account through the iTunes Store to get rid of the error message. The steps are given below:
1. Open iTunes program.
2. Click the Store menu.
3. Select “Check for available downloads” option.
4. Click the Store icon.
5. Click Authorize button.
6. Enter valid username and password and re-authorize your account.
Registry corruption is an important cause. Corrupt Registry entries cause iTunes runtime errors because of data retrieval failure. Scan and repair the Registry to fix your problem.
1. Download PCFresher System Utilities.
2. Install and run the program.
3. Under Registry Repair section click the Start button.