Mac may suddenly start run slower than normal. The applications would stop responding until you force them to quit. After re-launching none of them would respond properly. The only way to get rid of this problem is to manually restart your computer. Needless to say, it works temporarily and the chances of getting the same problem are much higher.
Taking these problems into consideration MacKeeper is introduced by ZeoBit LLC. It does an awesome job when it comes to cleaning, optimizing and protecting a Mac computer.
Protect your Mac from Viruses & Thieves
Although there are hardly any threats on Mac comparing with Windows, there are enough of them to be worried. To protect Mac and your data you need not to pay for expensive antivirus suits.
MacKeeper has an Antivirus tool which offers a real-time system protection. It safeguards your operating system, documents and removable media against internet threats, viruses and malwares.
Clean your Mac Quickly & Safely
MacKeeper gives you a list of all temporary files that you can delete. These files include caches, binaries, log files, duplicate files and languages. It is completely safe to delete these files. Deleting them will recover a large portion of your disk space and Mac will run faster.
Detailed information about each item is given below:
· Caches: A cache is a special location/ folder on your hard disk where temporary application data is stored. Once the application is closed or the task is finished, these files become useless. For example: After completion of installation of a program.
· Binaries: Binary files usually have .bin or .macbin extensions. They usually contain information about a file which is useful for the Finder function. (Finder is a tool used to search and locate files)
· Log Files: A Log File contains detailed application usage history. This technical information is stored in a well structured format. These files are useful for diagnostic purpose only. They’re can be used to resolve problems when an application is not functioning properly.
· Duplicate Files: Duplicate files are copies of your documents and files. We sometime accidentally create duplicate file copies. For example: photos, videos, etc.
· Languages: Here the language means the language of the user interface. During the installation of Mac, dozens of foreign languages are installed like Chinese, Japanese, etc.
Wipe Out Unneeded Programs
MacKeeper comes with Wise Uninstaller feature. It shows a list of all the installed applications in a convenient tree view. You can get in depths information of applications. You can reveal their details and then decide whether you need a particular application or not. It is recommended to uninstall applications you hardly use. This help freeing-up your hard disk space.
Boost the Login Performance
When you turn on your Mac, a variety of applications starts loading. That is why you experience a slowed login performance.
It is used to control which applications shall run at login interval. You can simply uncheck and turn off unneeded applications.
Protect your Privacy and Recover Deleted Files
This software offers a variety of tools to protect your privacy. The Shredder feature can be used to permanently remove files from your hard disk. Once deleted, these files cannot be recovered using any Undelete programs. In short, this feature is very helpful especially when you're giving others physical access to your computer.
On contrary, there is Undelete feature. It can recover accidentally deleted files. Please note that files that you have deleted using Shredder cannot be recovered using this feature.
The File Encryptor feature secures your files by denying access to unauthorized people who have access to your computer. You may add several files, encrypt them using various file encryption systems and protect with a strong password.