When you try to restore your iPhone, it might show you error 3194. Regardless of which smartphone model you are using we have given iPhone error 3194 fix here.
- Modify Hosts File
- Switch to DFU Mode
- Set Hosts to Cydia on Close
- Update iTunes
Modify Hosts File
There is a file called Hosts. You have to modify its contents which shall work as iPhone error 3194 fix. Here’s how:
- Windows users, open My Computer and then C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts. Mac OS X users, open /etc/hosts directory.
- Right click the file, select Open With | Notepad.
- Insert the following lines at the end of its contents: 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com
- Click File | Save and then close.
Switch to DFU Mode
Another iPhone error 3194 fix is to enter into DFU mode. DFU stands for Device Firmware Update which is a condition where your iPhone can interface with iTunes without loading boot loader and your iPhone operating system.
To do so, first turn off your iPhone. Hold down the Sleep and Power buttons simultaneously for around 10-15 seconds. Thereafter release the Power button while keeping holding Home button. Now iTunes should tell you that the device is being loaded in recovery mode.
Set Hosts to Cydia on Close
iPhone error 3194 fix is to set Hosts to Cydia on close. Add Cydia’s SHUSH caching server as given below:
- Download TinyUmbrella and open it.
- Click Advanced tab, check up the following box:
- Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit
- Click Apply Changes.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effects.
- Again, put your iPhone into DFU Mode and restore it using iTunes.
You might be getting error 3194 on your iPhone if you have older version of iTunes. Download the latest version available on the internet for iPhone error 3194 fix.