When making a family; say consisting of one Sims, two cats, two horses and two dogs, the screen may went back and Sims 3 Pets crashing can be experienced. An error may come up saying Sims 3 has stopped working and has to be closed.
There are different approaches to fix this error. Some of them are discussed below:
- Add TS3.EXE and TS3EP05.EXE to DEP Exception List
- Delete Groups.Cache File
- Delete Custom Contents
- Scan and Fix Registry Entries
- Rename “The Sims 3” Folder
Add TS3.EXE and TS3EP05.EXE to DEP Exception List
DEP stands for Data Execution Prevention. It usually highlights problems with the non-compiled and older software.
Fix Sims 3 Pets crashing by adding TS3.EXE and TS3EP05.EXE to the DEP Exception List. Do the steps given below:
- Click Start, right click My Computer and select Properties.
- Click Advanced System Settings at the left hand side of the new screen.
- Click Advanced | Settings (Performance) | Data Execution Prevention.
- Select the second option, click Add button.
- Add the following two files:
- C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.EXE
- C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Pets\Game\Bin\TS3EP05.EXE
- Click OK | OK | Close.
Delete Groups.Cache File
Groups.cache file is a part of Sims 3 data. To fix Sims 3 Pets crashing delete this file as there are chances of it becoming corrupted.
- Click Start, select My Documents | EA Games | The Sims.
- Select Groups.cache file, click File | Delete.
- When you’re prompted to confirm, click Yes button.
Delete Custom Contents
The custom contents which you have downloaded can be the reason behind this problem. Fix Sims 3 Pets crashing by removing all the custom contents.
- Click Start | My Documents | Electronic Arts | The Sims 3 | Mods | Packages.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all files.
- Press Delete key and click Yes to confirm.
Scan and Fix Registry Entries
Usually Sims 3 Pets crashes to the desktop because of problems in the internal registry set-up. Scan all registry portions including local machine and current user, etc and fix any problems found in them. Download a Registry Cleaner to do so.
Rename “The Sims 3” Folder
In My Documents directory there is a folder “The Sims 3” which you can remove so as to fix Sims 3 Pets crashing. Here’s how:
- Click Start | My Documents.
- Double click and open Electronic Arts folder.
- Right click The Sims 3 folder and rename it to The Sims 3 OLD.