Are you not able to play Diablo 3 because of error 71? Are you searching for a solution for it? If so you have come at the right place. This article will briefly discuss a few reasons why would one come across this error and what are the technical steps that are useful for getting rid of it.
- Disable Interfering Programs
- Turn Off Firewall Protection
- Optimize the Internet
- Enable Window Mode
Disable Interfering Programs
There are certain programs listed below which cause Diablo 3 error 71 as they sometime try to use the same resource files that Diablo 3 is using. Using Task Manager, end all processes that belong to the following programs after you have saved the changes.
- Fire up Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Select Launch Task Manager option.
- Click Processes tab.
- Right click and end each process listed below: EVGA Precision.exe , MSI AfterBurner.exe , XFire .exe , Dxtory.exe & Mumble.exe
- Close Task Manager.
Turn Off Firewall Protection
Running a firewall protection simultaneously can also cause Diablo 3 error 71. Fix it by turning off the firewall temporarily. You may enable it at any time after you finished playing the game.
- Click Start, type Windows Firewall with Advanced Security in the Search box.
- Press ENTER.
- Click Actions menu, and then Properties.
- In the new dialog, for the first three tabs select Firewall State to Off.
- Click Apply | OK.
Optimize the Internet
Having a little internet issue can also cause this error by slow speed or stuck in received data. Optimize your internet speed using a simple internet optimizer to fix it automatically.
- Install an InternetOptimizer program. Run it.
- Click Internet Optimizer tab on the left hand side. Select your connection speed and click Optimize Internet button.
- The process would start automatically; just wait a while.
- After finishing restart the game to get rid of Diablo 3 error 71.
Enable Window Mode
If you’re getting Diablo 3 error 71 then try window mode. Because on certain machines it was seen that the problem is eliminated once the window mode is applied.
- Click Start, select My Computer.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Diablo III folder.
- Find a file called IIID3Prefs.txt stored in it. Use the Search box on the upper right side to quickly locate it.
- Double click it, search for the following command: DisplayModeWindowMode ‘1?
- Replace the above command with the following one: DisplayModeWindowMode ‘0?
- Click File | Save and exit.
Getting Diablo 3 Error 71? Click Here to Repair it Now!