Lower FPS can be seen while firing the weapon and dropping a shot in Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 3. It is common to experience a huge decrease in FPS during the multi player mode. This tutorial shall help you improve MW3 FPS.
- Clear DNS Cache
- Change Game Configurations
- Apply Extreme Gaming Profile
- Update Drivers
RegInOut Download w/ Verisign Digital Certificate
Clear DNS Cache
You can also clear the DNS cache to improve MW3 FPS. Following are the steps required to clear DNS cache:
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command: Ipconfig /flushdns
- Press ENTER.
Change Game Configurations
To improve MW3 FPS modify the configuration file. First close the game and follow the instructions given below:
- Open My Computer, locate the following directory: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty- Modern Warfare
- Double click the following sub folders: Players\Profiles\<Your Nickname>
- Right click config_mp.cfg file, select Open With | Notepad.
- Disable all the following features by altering their values to 0 (Zero). You can re-enable them at any time by altering the same with 1.
6. Now save and close the file by pressing Ctrl + S and then clicking the Close button.
Apply Extreme Gaming Profile
When we’re playing Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 3 a number of services are running without our knowledge. They cause lower FPS which can be solved by applying an extreme gaming profile and only enabling those services which are must. Here’s how to do it:
- Download, install and run Services Optimizer.
- Click Optimize Services. In the new dialog select Gaming Computer (Extreme Performance) and then click Apply.
- Restart MW3.
It is important to update your drivers regularly to improve MW3 FPS. Use the following method of updating all drivers:
- Click Start, select Control Panel.
- Click System and Security | Administrative Tools.
- Double click and open Computer Management.
- From the left hand side panel click Device Manager.
- Right click a device and select Update option. When it finishes restart your computer.