It is not surprising to know about the Comcast internet slow problem. Not only normal speed users but also high speed internet users complaints many times regarding this problem. In some cases the problem belongs with the physical connectivity while in others it belongs to internal configurations & system settings.
This is a step by step tutorial which will show you how to speed up Comcast internet and stop it from freezing.
Tips to Make Comcast Internet Faster:
- Check Issues with Physical Connectivity
- Connection Theft
- Optimize Internet Settings and Delete Cookies & Web History
- Viruses, Spyware & Malicious Scripts
Check Issues with Physical Connectivity
Internet slow down issue can be experienced with Comcast if a wire or cord is damaged or otherwise the physical connection has become unstable. Call Comcast Support Team and ask to check out physical connectivity problems, if any. Visit here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/
Connection Theft is another serious cause behind Comcast internet slow problem. Someone else might be using your internet connection without your permission and authorization. It is possible only if there is no password set to your router, he knows your router password or he has hacked it.
To know whether it is really an issue or not, do the following steps:
- Turn off your computer.
- Check out the lights of your router. If the lights are on then someone else is using your internet connection, otherwise there is no need to worry about anything.
It is a basic security measure to password protect your router. Do the steps given below:
- On WRT54G, click Administration | Management.
- Specify a new Router Password and confirm it.
- Click Save Settings button.
Case 2: Someone Knows your Router Password
In this case change your router password. The steps are similar to those mentioned above.
Optimize Internet Settings and Delete Cookies & Web History
You may need to re-verify all your internet settings. The verification process can be done either automatically or manually. If you’re an expert in knowing the best internet settings you need to apply then do it manually. Otherwise follow these guidelines:
- Download RegInOut System Utilities. Install and run it.
- Click Internet Optimizer tab on the left hand side. Select your internet speed and then click Optimize Internet.
- Additionally, clear all cookies, temporary internet files and web history to resolve Comcast internet slow down issue. Click System Cleaner tab; check all the boxes and click Clean button to start.
Viruses, Spyware & Malicious Scripts
It is also important to know whether your internet connection is hijacked by viruses, spyware or malwares. They run in background without your attention and transmit a large sized data. They do many activities like downloading malicious files, sending malicious emails and so on.
Download an Antivirus Program. Full scan all your drives and then delete all viruses, spyware and malware. Also be sure to install a good Firewall Program as well. It will solve Comcast internet slow.