People often complain that Batman Arkham City crashes after loading a saved game and after trying to continue the story. A black screen appears with the error telling that some files were not found. In this article we will discuss a few tips & tricks used to resolve this error permanently.
Check System Requirements
- Check System Requirements
- Run through Windowed Mode
- Make Duplicate Copy of the Saved File
- Check for Registry Issues
- Alter Process Affinity
- Set Lower Graphic Settings
RegInOut Download w/ Game Boost Feature
Check System Requirements
A computer which is not meeting the minimum system requirements can cause Batman Arkham City crashes. Just check out the following requirements and install missing components to fix your problem.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista or XP
- 2 GB of RAM
- 17.5 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
- ATI 3800 or NVIDIA 8800 Graphics Card along with minimum of 512 MB VRAM
- Any Sound Card compatible with Microsoft DirectX 9
You can fix Batman Arkham City crashes by disabling the full screen mode and starting it with the Windowed Mode. See the game Settings for more information.
Make Duplicate Copy of the Saved File
If you are experiencing Batman Arkham City crashes while loading a saved game then it might be an issue with the saved copy of that file. The file may be corrupted or there can be some bad sectors on your hard disk.
- Click Start, select My Documents.
- Double click and open the following directory:
- WB Games\Batman Arkham City\SavedData
- You will find different folders with random folder names. Click a folder which was created earlier.
- Copy Save0.sgd file and paste it in the same directory. Specify a different file name to the copied file, for example: Save1.sgd
- Now load the game and select the copied file to load your saved game.
Check for Registry Issues
Your registry can have certain problems say bad entries, incorrect game configurations or similar types of errors. Do scan the registry using a good Registry Cleaner software such as PC Fresher and repair as soon as possible.
Alter Process Affinity
Process Affinity is also called as CPU Pinning which makes it possible to map and un-map entire virtual machines to a physical CPU. Altering process affinity can help solving Batman Arkham City crashes. Just do the steps given below:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Click Open Task Manager option in the new full screen.
- Click Processes, right click NFS The Run.exe and select Affinity.
- Check mark the Core 0 and Core 1 boxes and click OK.
- Close Task Manager and restart the game again.
Set Lower Graphic Settings
Setting up the lower graphic settings can help fixing Batman Arkham City crashes. Do it by entering the Settings option under Main Window and then following the on screen instructions.