Win 7 Antivirus is a spyware program made by cyber criminals for getting users trust and forcing them to pay for useless features.
The program claims itself to be a computer security software that has the ability to detect and find viruses. However, that’s not the truth at all. It is a fake security software that has no ability to protect a computer. Moreover, it tries to force the users to pay a specific price. When the user buys the program by paying that particular amount, he realizes that he was cheated.
|Win 7 Antivirus 2012|
Here in this article we are going to know which files Win 7 Antivirus has copied to your computer, what changes have been made in the registry and so on.
- Remove Associated Files
- Remove Associated Registry Entries
- Use a Spam Fighter
- Clear Temporary Folders
- Delete Web History & Temporary Internet Files
Remove Associated Files
This fake antivirus copies bulk files to your hard disk in different locations. In many cases, following files and folders were found infected by this virus. Delete all the files from the following parent folders in order to remove Win 7 Virus instantly:
|Temporary Folders - Windows Explorer|
- C: >> Program Files >> Win 7 Antivirus 2012
- C: >> Users >> <Your User Name> >> AppData >> Local >> OPRSK
- C: >> Users >> <Your User Name> >> AppData >> Templates >> U3F7PLATESU3F7PNVFNCSJK2E86ABFBJ5H
- C: >> Users >> <Your User Name> >> Local Settings >> Application Data >> OPRSK
- C: >> Users >> <Your User Name> >> Local Settings >> Application Data >> U3F7PLATESU3F7PNVFNCSJK2E86ABFBJ5H
Use a Spam Fighting Program
To remove Win 7 Virus instantly, use a spam fighting program. Download Spam Fighter and install it. Follow the on screen instructions and you will instantly get rid of said virus.
Remove Associated Registry Entries
In addition to the above mentioned files, several registry entries are made by Win 7 Virus. Delete all of them in order to resolve your issue.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> PEZFILE
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software >> Classes >> PEZFile
In all the registry paths given below, delete the string called ”Default” :
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software >> Classes >> PEZFile >> Shell >> Open >> Command
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Software >> Classes >> .exe >> Shell >> Open >> Command
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software\Clients >> StartMenuInternet >> IEXPLORE.EXE >> Shell >> Open >> Command
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software >> Microsoft >> Security Center : Delete the string named “AntivirusOverried”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Software >> Microsoft >> Security Center : Delete the string named “FirewallOverride”
Clear Temporary Folders
Delete all the files stored in the temporary folders. This is because Win 7 Antivirus copies its files to your temporary locations.
- Click Start, point to All Programs. Select Accessories, System Tools and click Disk CleanUp.
- Choose your Windows installation drive, for example, drive C.
- Click OK button and follow the on screen instructions.
- Alternatively, you can delete the files stored in the following temporary directories:
- C: >> Windows >> Temp
- C: >> Users >> <Your User Name> >> AppData >> Local >> Temp
- This will remove Win 7 virus instantly from your computer.
Delete Web History & Temporary Internet Files
Delete the web history, web cache and temporary internet files using Internet Explorer. First open it. Click Tools | Delete Browsing History. Review the items for cleaning and click Delete button.