IDT sound card users have to download and update compatible audio drivers. This article will provide you several links to find best drivers for your computer.
The official website of IDT Corporation is http://www.idt.com/. There you’ll be able to find the newest driver updates and download them free-of-cost.
The step to update IDT Audio Drivers is given below:
1. Download IDT HD Audio Driver:
· Windows 7:
· Windows Vista and XP:
· Other Links:
2. Run the downloaded file using a file compressing program, such as, Free 7 Zip File Manager.
3. Make sure that your speaker and sound card are connected. Close all other running programs, if any.
4. Follow the on screen instructions and continue the setup.
5. Restart the computer when you’re done.
Things to Remember:
Before you update IDT Audio Drivers, I recommend you making sure that following things are set-up:
1. Create a System Restore Point:
Using System Restore, create a new restore point so that if the installation fails in middle or something goes wrong, you can revert the changes and restore your computer immediately.
Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools. Click System Restore.
2. Turn Off your Antivirus:
Precaution is always better than cure. Many times, antivirus programs prevent you from installing certain programs or drivers thus the installation fails in middle. Thus I recommend you to disable your antivirus program as soon as you finished scanning the downloaded file.
3. Check whether Speaker and Sound Card are properly connected:
Ensure your speaker and sound card are properly connected and are turned on.
4. Close all Open Programs:
For the installation program to work properly, make sure that all open programs are closed.