Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) freezes at random intervals. It gets unresponsive for a few minutes to half an hour. Thus it becomes extremely hard to enjoy SWTOR due to poor system performance.
If you are experiencing SWTOR freezing, then you have come at the right place. You’ll get several techniques useful for fixing this problem.
- Update your Computer
- Apply Window Mode
- Reregister Associated Program DLL Files
- Extreme Gaming Performance
- Defrag your Registry
Update your Computer
It is important to keep your PC up-to-date for experiencing maximum gaming performance. Update Microsoft DirectX, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, download Windows Updates, latest driver updates and download patches released by the game manufacturing company.
- Open your web browser and visit Microsoft DirectX Download Page. Click the Download button, save the file in your Downloads folder. When the process is finished, double click it and follow the installation instructions.
- Visit Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Download Page. Download the setup and install the program.
- Click Start, point to All Programs and select Windows Update. Click the button Check for Updates; wait till the update scan process is finished. Update and install all the important updates available online.
- Start downloading latest driver updates. If new versions are available, then download & install them immediately.
- Visit the SWTOR official website. If new updates and patches are available, then download-install them.
|DirectX Download Page - Microsoft.com|
Apply Window Mode
SWTOR freezes are experienced if the full screen is applied. Change the game settings by modifying file shown below.
|Modifying Client_Settings.inf File|
- Exit SWTOR. Open My Computer.
- Double click C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\Settings
- Double click CLIENT_SETTINGS.INI file. It shall open with Notepad.
- Search for a setting FullScreen. If the default value is set to True, then replace it with False.
- Click File | Save and then Close.
Reregister Associated Program DLL Files
There are two DLL files namely MSVCR90.dll and NV4_MINI.dll which may be affecting Star Wars: The Old Republic performance. Reregister them using Command Prompt to resolve SWTOR freezes.
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt is opened, type the below commands:
- RegSvr32 MSVCR90.dll
- RegSvr32 NV4_MINI.dll
Extreme Gaming Performance
Optimize the services that are performed without your attention. Make Extreme Gaming Performance.
- Download a Services Optimizer software. Install and run it.
- Click Services Manager tab on the left hand side.
- Click the button Optimize Services, select Gaming Computer (Extreme Performance) and click Apply.
- Restart Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Defrag your Registry
It is found that SWTOR freezes because users occasionally defrag your computer registry. Analyze it for possible fragmentation and then start the defragmentation procedure. For this purpose, use a Registry Defrag program.