Imagine you returned to the home from a very hard and lousy day at school, then sit on a chair to play World of Warcraft but it failed to load with error 132. How frustrating it would be?
Yes, it happens. It has happened with a lot of people. They got this error with the following description. This article is designed with the objective of helping such users in getting rid of the error.
Error 132: “The application has encountered a critical error. Fatal exception.”
- Use OpenGL Mode Feature
- Prevent your System from Overheating
- Resolve Problems with your Memory
- Check WoW Settings & Configurations
- Exit Background Programs
Use OpenGL Mode Feature
OpenGL stands for Open Graphics Library. It is widely used in modern games. Try running WoW with the OpenGL Mode and check whether error 132 still arises or not.
- Click Start, point to All Programs | World of Warcraft.
- Right click the World of Warcraft shortcut and select Properties.
- In the File Properties dialog, you’ll be in the Shortcut tab. In the Target box, add –OpenGL after the file path is end.
- Click Apply | OK.
Prevent your System from Overheating
Some parts of your computer, like processor, sound card or graphics card, are overheating that’s why WoW fails to load with error 132. To know exactly which part is overheating then do the tests given below:
- Click Start, type Device Manager in the Search box. Press ENTER.
- First disable your video card, wait a few minutes and try running the game. If it fails to load, then disable your sound card and try running it again.
- If the issue is not resolved then turn your computer off, press F2 or Delete key, enter into CMOS Settings, check the processor temperature. If it is overheating then clean all the fans fixed inside your CPU and take appropriate measures. If you are a laptop user, then consider buying a laptop cooling pad.
Resolve Problems with your Memory
Perform certain memory tests with your Random Access Memory (RAM). There is a tool called Windows Memory Diagnostic freely available at Microsoft.com . Download it, check the memory and if required replace it. You’ll no longer get WoW error 132.
Check WoW Settings & Configurations
The World of Warcraft settings are located in your system registry. Because of certain reasons, they might be changed in wrong way thus showing WoW error 132. Download a Genuine Registry Cleaner. Check for registry errors and fix them instantly.
Exit Background Programs
While running WoW, make sure that no other programs are running on your computer. This is important to prevent WoW error 132 in case of insufficient memory issues.
|Close Background Programs|
You can fix this error here: error 132