A Printer Driver is a computer program that converts the information to be printed to the form specific to a printer. For the smooth working of printers manufactured by Brother Solutions Center, you’ll have to download appropriate printer drivers.
This article provides links to several drivers for Brother Printers. Before downloading a driver, be sure that you are downloading the appropriate driver which is specially designed for the printer model you are currently using.
Step 1: Identify the Correct Printer Type and Printer Model
Identifying the correct printer model is very important. On the official website of Brother Solutions, you’ll find a variety of drivers provided for different printers. If you download an incorrect driver, technical issues can arise in your computer and your printer may not work properly. It may fail to print the data or some other errors may arise.
Fortunately, the company has itself given sufficient information with pictures so there’s no worry about it.
First of all, select the type of printer you use to know how to identify the printer model:
Step 2: Locate Appropriate Driver Type & Series
Now, you can locate the appropriate printer type and series based on the printer model you identified above. The links are provided below:
Step 3: Start the Driver Download Process
Finally, start downloading the actual drivers. Continue the steps given below:
- I assume that you have finished the above Steps 1 and 2.
- Click the Downloads link.
- Under Select OS section, choose the appropriate operating system and its versions you use. For instance, Windows 7 (64 Bit)
- Under Select Language section, choose the language you prefer, say, English.
- Click the Search button.
- In the new page that opens, click Download & Information link under Full Driver & Software Package section.
- After the file is downloaded, double click the setup program to start the installation. When you are done, please restart the computer.
Note: Make sure that your printer is connected before you start installing the driver.