If Modern Warfare 3 lags on Windows for some reason there are several approaches to try to get rid of it. This article will examine a few of them.
- Upgrade Hardware
- Download Latest Drivers
- Set High Priority
- Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Stop Unnecessary Background Services
- Rename Config_MP.cpg File
RegInOut Download w/ Verisign Digital Certificate
Until and unless your computer is not meeting the minimum system requirements, MW3 PC lag problem will not be fixed. The solution is simple- upgrade hardware after running a test called Windows Experience Index.
- Click Start button on your Taskbar.
- Type Windows Experience Index in the Search box.
- Press ENTER.
- A new dialog will open. Click Rate this computer button.
- The test will start. Please stand by until the process is finished.
- After the test is finished, final results will appear on your screen. Carefully review the test results and add new hardware accordingly.
Download Latest Drivers
Are you running Modern Warfare 3 on a machine with outdated device drivers? If so, it might be the reason behind MW3 PC lag problem.
Download a driver updater program. Then scan for the latest driver updates and download & install them instantly.
Set High Priority
Lesser the CPU is used more a game will run slower. MW3 PC lag is experienced if the priority of Modern Warfare 3 process is set to Normal or Lower. Reset it to High to get rid of the problem.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Select Start Task Manager option.
- Click Processes tab.
- Right click Modern Warfare 3 executable file and select Set Priority | High.
Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is an essential program used to run Modern Warfare 3. You may experience MW3 PC lag if Visual C++ Redistributable is outdated. Update it by downloading the latest copy from here.
Stop Unnecessary Background Services
Without your knowledge, a number of services run in the background when Modern Warfare 3 is running. Fix MW3 PC lag by stopping most of these unnecessary services. Download a Services Optimizer which does this task automatically for you. Alternative steps are also given below:
- Click Start, select Run.
- Type Services.msc in the Open box.
- Press ENTER.
- Right click a services item and select Stop. Do the same for all other unnecessary services.
Rename Config_MP.cpg File
- Open My Computer.
- Open C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3\Player2
- Right click Config_MP.cpg and select Rename.
- Type a new name Backup_Config_MP.cpg