Many people complain that Minecraft lags every second. In this article, I'll discuss with you several tricks that are used to fix this problem.
- Update Java Development Kit
- Check Temperatur of your Processor
- Defrag the Registry
- Remove the META-INF Folder
- Set High Priority using Task Manager
Update Java Development Kit
Minecraft is desinged to run with the help of Java Development Kit (JDK). Without the latest version of JDK, it won't run properly.
You're experiencing Minecraft lag because the JDK installed on your computer is out-of-date. Follow the procedures given below and update it:
- Visit Java Development Kit Download Page.
- Click the Download button next to JDK
- Save the file to the Downloads folder and run it when the download is finished.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Check Temperature of your Processor
Usually, it happens that because of proper ventilation in the room, the processor overheating issue arises. Thus the operations performed by the games become slower and slower and Minecraft lag issues arise.
- Restart the computer.
- Press F2 or Delete key repeatedly to load CMOS Settings.
- Navigate to PC Health Status or System Health or similar option.
- You'll see the CPU Temperature. It should not be more than 60 degree C. If your CPU temperature is greater than 60 degree C, then it's the reason behind Minecraft lag problem.
- Turn the computer off.
- Unattach the processor from your motherboard. Clean it and the fans installed on it.
- Now, install everything you removed. Turn the computer on and test the changes.
Defrag the Registry
Registry, also called as Windows Registry, is the database containing operating system, application and game data, user settings and system specifications.
You may experience Minecraft lag if the registry is too fragmented. Defragment it and restructure the data stored in it.
- Download a Registry Defrag program such as Reginout.
- Start registry analyze process.
- When you're done, start the actual defragmentation process.
Remove the META-INF Folder
The META-INF folder stored inside Minecraft.jar can cause Minecraft lag problem. With the help of a file manager utility, open Minecraft.jar and then remove META-INF folder. Here's how:
- Click Start, select Run. Type %AppData%/.minecraft/bin and press ENTER.
- Right click Minecraft.jar folder and select Open With. Select a file manager program like free 7-Zip File Manager, WinZip or WinRAR.
- After it is opened, right click and delete META-INF folder. Close the file when you're done. Minecraft lag will no longer occur.
Set High Priority using Task Manager
As default, Minecraft runs with Normal priority. For problems like Minecraft lag, it is better to change it to High.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Select Start Task Manager option.
- Click Processes tab, right click Minecraft executable file. Select Set Priority | High. Confirm the change.