Blue Screen of Death may take place while playing Battlefield 3 in Windows 7 and Vista. There are several reasons behind it. Some of them are discussed here.
- Install All Minimum System Requirements
- Reinstall the Game
- Repair the Game
- Download & Install Latest Driver Updates
- Run in Compatibility Mode
- Clean the Disk Space
Install All Minimum System Requirements
Battlefield 3 requires you to have certain hardware and software installed which make it possible to run the game properly. Install all of them, as discussed in the ReadMe file stored on the installation media. This will fix Battlefield 3 Blue Screen.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or later
- RAM: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: Any graphics card compatible with Microsoft DirectX
- Graphics Memory: 512 MB
- Sound Card: Any sound card compatible with Microsoft DirectX
- Free Hard Disk Space: At least 10 GB for digital version and 15 GB for disc version
Reinstall the Game
The installation of this game might be corrupted. Reinstall it to fix Battlefield 3 Blue Screen. Here’s how to do:
- Click Start, select Control Panel.
- Click Programs icon, and then Uninstall a Program.
- Select it from the installed programs list and click Uninstall button.
- Follow the on screen instructions and reboot the machine when you’re done.
Repair the Game
Repairin game installation mau have result in Battlefield 3 Blue Screen. Do the steps given below:
- Download a Registry Cleaner such as Reginout and start a full scan.
- Fix errors whne prompted.
Download & Install Latest Driver Updates
Device Driver issues can be the reason why you’re facing Battlefield 3 Blue Screen. Update them on a regular basis to prevent such crashes and BSOD problems.
Run in Compatibility Mode
By running the game in compatibility mode, you can fix Battlefield 3 Blue Screen.
- Simply, right click its desktop shortcut, select Properties.
- In the new dialog, click Compatibility tab.
- Mark Run this program in compatibility mode for selected, choose earlier version of Windows and click OK.
Clean the Disk Space
Your hard disk might be full that is why Battlefield 3 Blue Screen problem persists. To get rid of it, clean the hard disk and delete temporary type of data.
- Click Start¸ select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools.
- Click Disk CleanUp.
- Select the system drive and click OK.
- Follow the on screen instructions.