Users often complain that Skyrim crashes with Blue Screen of Death in Windows 7 and Vista. This problem occurs due to several technical reasons. Some of these are discussed in this article.
Delete Temporary Files
- Delete Faulty INI Files
- Delete Faulty Registry Entries
- Delete Temporary Files
- Disable Firewall Protection
- Disable Skyrim from DEP
- Do a Driver Update Check-Up
Delete Faulty INI Files
The INI file format is a standard for configuration files for some application softwares. Skyrim uses certain INI files to store its settings and levels related information.
In many cases the INI files created by Skyrim game can be changed so these files may contain wrong information. Delete all the faulty INI Files to fix Skyrim Blue Screen.
- Exit Skyrim.
- Click Start | Documents.
- Double click: My Games | Skyrim.
- With the help of Shift key of your key-board, select all the .ini files. Press Delete key of your key board.
Delete Faulty Registry Entries
Skyrim configurations are also stored in the system registry database. If some of these registry entries are missing, or some contain false information, Skyrim Blue Screen problem occurs.
Registry clean-up is required. Just start a full registry scan using a Registry Cleaner software. As long as new errors are found fix these errors by clicking an appropriate button.
Delete Temporary Files
The files stored in the Skyrim temporary directories can be corrupt. Completely delete all the temporary files to fix Skyrim Blue Screen.
- Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.
- Select a disk drive where the game is installed, usually drive C.
- Click OK.
Disable Firewall Protection
The firewall program you are using can be preventing Skyrim from running properly. Disable the firewall protection to completely fix Skyrim Blue Screen.
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click System and Security | Windows Firewall.
- On the left hand side, click Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- Turn Windows Firewall off, and click OK | Close.
Disable Skyrim from DEP
DEP stands for Data Execution Prevention. Skyrim crash occurs if DEP is preventing it from running. Do the steps given below to fix Skyrim Blue Screen.
- Right click My Computer icon on your desktop, and select Properties.
- In the new page, click Advanced System Settings.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click Settings under Performance frame.
- Click Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, add Skyrim executable file, and click OK | OK.
Do a Driver Update Check-Up
A Driver Updater is a program used to scan for the latest versions of installed drivers.
Skyrim Blue Screen appears if the drivers installed on your computer are outdated. Update these drivers to fix Skyrim crashes.
To get updates about computer and game errors visit the web site: http://www.backspacetab.com